Thursday, May 18, 2006

An Alum Writes About Riverview

Although I don't get back to Sarasota as often as I'd like, I still find comfort in knowing a few familiar landmarks remain. I was saddened to hear that my high school was on the brink of demolition and I applaud all of you for your hard work in attempting to keep Riverview a viable historic entity.

Our son has chosen a career which includes helping to preserve historic properties here in Durham, N.C. He has been on the ground floor of this movement and the train is swiftly pulling out of the station. It does take hard work and determination, but the results are astounding. The old and young of us will all benefit from the preservation, not only of the architecture, but of costly building products, as well. What a travesty it is to see the needless waste and destruction of perfectly good building products which could be updated and and put to continued good use.
Wishing you well in your efforts.

Judy Wiese (Lanterman...class of 64)

No comments: